Harmony Children’s Services is your first choice for high quality care. With a fresh and innovative approach to help parents and corporate parents with their respite and full time placement needs.
Harmony is capable of meeting the needs of children or young people with:
- Emotional, social and behavioural challenges
- Learning difficulties
- Autistic spectrum diagnosis
- Children in need of a secure and safe family environment
Harmony provides a committed “family” of staff to offer support, guidance and encouragement to help the individual child to overcome and progress on from the issues that have or are affecting them.
Harmony Children’s Services offer:
- A genuine passion to provide a quality service for the child, parents and local authorities.
- An extended, supportive and caring family-orientated environment created with involvement
from the Director, Manager, Staff, Residents and Parents.
- Open and transparent communication between Harmony staff and relevant professionals.
- Regular evaluations based on feedback between residents, families and social workers.
- Regular parents meetings and forums to allow input into how their son/daughter is cared for
and their expectations for their children’s care where appropriate.
- Innovative and child centred care practices.
“Young people live in a safe, caring and supportive environment. This enables them to make good progress relative to their age, individual circumstances and time in placement. Young people feel that their lives have improved since they have been at the home and they say they feel safe here. “
“Staff effectively promote the enjoyment of young people living here and demonstrate good interaction skills to engage the young people at all times. Young people enjoy living in the home and behave appropriately. They are developing genuine friendships with their peers and benefit from the good level of support provided… Young people make good progress in their development and acquire social interaction skills as a direct consequence of living at the home.”
“Young people say that they feel safe and very much enjoy living at the home. Other professionals feel totally confident and reassured with regard to the young people’s safety in this home. There are no incidents of bullying. Consequently, young people enjoy a settled, happy atmosphere where they feel comfortable to interact with others and express themselves.”